Sunday, April 13, 2014

Post 17 - Tagging

The first time I heard about "Tagging" was when someone used spray paint to write their name on a building or car.  The second time I heard it was when refering to mentioneing when someone is in a photo with you somewhere on Facebook.  To me this was not an important tool to throw out there as Google can take care of most any search that one would need these days.  The ability to "tag" different websites for students to reference is nice but I feel that this takes the effort out of having to go and look up items on your own.  I do not find Delicious really needed or a tool that I will recommend in my classes in the future as it seems confusing and just another way to jumble up information on the web.  Once again I feel that we are using technology sometimes in negative and counter-productive ways when it comes to making things easier when sometimes having to dig into things might be the better way to learn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment