Sunday, April 13, 2014

Thing 15 - Wikis


This is the link to my trial Wiki page that I was not very impressed with.  First off it was not as easy as I would have liked tos et up and secondly I felt as if I was rehashing information that you find on any other site but what I used worked for this assignment.  I posted about the history of Auburn Football on my wiki.  I cannot see myself using this in my classroom but can see where others such as history classes might.  Knowing that sites such as Wikipedia are updated and corrected all the time for accuracy will oneday make it the go to site and almost make encyclopedia obsolete.  Once again my thought is are we as a society allowing ourselves to become to dependant on the web and what it has to offer?  Technology and ease of finding items is great but at what point are we developing / teaching our children to take the easier route all the time? 

No comments:

Post a Comment