Sunday, April 13, 2014

Post 18 - Social Networks

Honestly, how many people are left today that do not have atleast an account on eithr Facebook or Twitter?  I use mine mostly for keeping up with old friends and sports news and information but these can also be use to share thoughts and ideas.  My Twitter handle is MatthewNixon@Aubie4Life and I do not use this very much at all except to follow certain sports figures and radio stations tweets. you are welocme to follow me but I doubt you will stay long as I don't post hardly at all.  I played around with searching for other groups relating to special education but choose not to follow them as all it would do is sit unviewed for weeks at a time as i do not check my Twitter page often.  For use in the classroom I do not see where this would be more than a distraction and not a tool.  these as is can creat misinformation and controversy. As is and especially dealing with kids and their abilities to mix up things on mistake or to create drama I would not support having this in the classroom.  As for facebook, if monitored and controlled by the teacher, I can see where groups such as Drama, choir, band, or sporting teams would have these as information and support pages for fans and friends to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment