Friday, February 28, 2014

Thing 12 - Google Stuff

I choose Google Books and Google Translate for my two things to play around with on Google. Both are fun and easy to navigate when I wanted to quickly look up an item. Google books has the seach option where you can simply type in a keyword to what you are wanting to find and it will give you several different books that have that certain word in the the title or description. You can also search by author or title if you know these. Several topics I searched were special education involving tactics and teaching methods as well as case studies and other classroom stories. On a fun side note I also read horror and especiallt zombie themed books so by using this I found several books that I have not read before. As for Google translate, what can I say but it is fun to look up inappropiate words at times! I found myself typing in everything from common words that we use everyday in the English language to words that are almost impossible for me to spell at times in English alone. You can type in most any word and see the correct way it is spelled in most any other language in the world. To see words that we use daily that are spelled in five to six letters and then see it in another language where it may be more then one word alone to make your point makes me always wonder how did that come to be. I am always traveling when possible so knowing how to say certain things in different languages is always helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment